[CC] The song HERUKA

Alan Sondheim sondheim at panix.com
Mon Dec 7 05:34:13 CET 2009

The song HERUKA

I MUST do this, while I have full CONTROL over my HANDS and FINGERS, while
I am still alive. For this records a form of HYSTERIC MASTERY over an
instrument, pushing sound to the LIMIT of my ABILITY. I have no doubt I
can't go farther and I MUST construct this LEGACY of what ONCE I was
capable of DOING. For soon I will no longer have this SHARP STRENGTH to
continue, and EVERYTHING will be LOST FOREVER. Oh I must play my VERY BEST
and my VERY FASTEST and as MOST ACCURATE as possible THIS VERY EVENING
that will last FOREVER encapsulated in FILE #heruka.mp3. SOMEDAY you will
listen and I will be LONG GONE and you will say to yourself HERE WAS A MAN
or A WOMAN, gender need not be, HERE WAS A MAN AND A WOMAN, BEHOLD HIR
WORKS. And you will have CAUSE to REJOICE at the SPLENDOR of the SOUND,
produced by long-dead HANDS and FINGERS, that this SOUND still resounds
among you. THEY KNEW, you will think, THEY KNEW, BACK THEN, and with such
KNOWLEDGE were REPLETE. And you will be SORROWFUL you did not know me,
SORROWFUL, you would not see, FOREVER, those HANDS AND FINGERS moving
swiftly in EXALTED WAYS of SUBLIME AND ETERNAL BEAUTY. I give you, NOW,
this GIFT, that you may cherish it FOREVER, silently murmuring my NAME,
such as it is remembered, ALAN SONDHEIM, forgotten but HEARD for ONE LAST
TIME, remembered for ONE LAST SONG.

http://www.alansondheim.org/heruka.mp3