[CC] Visible Human Server

George(s) Lessard cyberculture@zacha.org
Tue Apr 9 04:49:00 2002

Visible Human Server http://visiblehuman.epfl.ch/

Welcome to the Visible Human Server at the EPFL (Ecole Polytechnique
F=E9d=E9rale de Lausanne). The Peripheral Systems Lab (Prof. Hersch and hi=
team) is proud to offer a virtual anatomic construction kit on the web usi=
ng the
Visible Human dataset. The applets available on this site provide the foll=
owing
features:

Extract slices, curved surfaces, and slice animations from both datasets
(male and female)

Interactively navigate by slicing through the male dataset in real-time
Construct 3D anatomical scenes using combinations of slices and 3D models
of internal structures from the male dataset, and extract 3D animations
Add voice comments to video sequences generated using the applets

A few samples of animations extracted from our applets can be downloaded
here.

We would now like to invite you to discover the fascinating world of human=

anatomy by using the links on the navigation bar on the left.

Please note that to access applications using the labeling data and the 3D=

anatomic structures, you must be logged in. If you did not yet register, p=
lease
click here. (It's free)

http://visiblehuman.epfl.ch/